banner guys fish copy

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Illustration friday: Mail


I was used to keeping all my letters when I was younger and still living at home with my parents. Gee, I kept a big box since I love writing and receiving letters :) There were letters that made me happy, made me sad and cry, letters that made my surrounding seems bigger like I was out there somewhere...:)and letters that I would read over and over again from morning until the sun was setting. During that time, I have learned to value the importance of the postman in my life. I would wait for him patiently in our front door and put on my big wonderful smile. I even gave him gifts during christmas and wished that he would not retire.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I remember how, before email, we used to take the time to sit and write letters. And when the mailman came, it was so much fun to see if I got anything! Now it's unlikely to get anything in the mail except around birthdays and Christmas. Even then, ecards are popular. I miss those days of receiving real cards and letters.

Despite the lack of fun stuff in the mail, we leave a little something for our mailman as well. :0)

December 18, 2010 10:42 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

What a beautiful and loving remembrance and it makes me smile :)
your love of your postman is soooo
cute :D :D :D beautiful image Marissa!

December 18, 2010 11:02 AM  
Blogger Vicki Smith said...

What a nice remembrance. There is nothing quite like a letter!

December 18, 2010 1:42 PM  
Blogger DD said...

Your story is beautiful. beautiful your picture

December 19, 2010 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home