banner guys fish copy

Friday, September 25, 2009

Illustration Friday: pattern



This is one of my acrylic paintings. I wonder if you would like to guess which one is the original.

This week: I received a phone call yesterday from the nurse in the Health Center. She has found an exercise buddy for me:) It's getting colder and colder over here now, the colors are changing and I like what I am seeing. It was so windy the other day and all the fallen leaves have covered my body while I was walking in the streets with lots of trees, and then the bus passed by and it was lifted....uhmmmm autumn weather.

Do you also feel the same way I do sometimes where I become (maybe)sentimental?..... like there's a certain moment, or place or weather where I feel like it happened before but there's no exact memory on what it was.....I like the feeling somehow, like I feel there's something special about it...and then I get annoyed because I cannot remember what it us.....some of the examples---when it just rained, I like the smell and the water from the leaves or trees.....some place when it's so quiet and all I can hear was the humming of the birds.....or when I was drinking coffee on a dimlighted room.....the ticking of the clock.....the train passing by.....curling up on the bed smelling the linens where I can also see the full moon from the bedroom window.....gosh, this must be loneliness.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the colors and shapes that in this. It has a very Fall feel to it.
michael dailey

September 25, 2009 12:58 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

very beautiful! Is it the golden one? Maybe longing for change? Smells are a big trigger in the memory banks.

September 25, 2009 4:02 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I agree with ValGalArt- I think it's the gold one.

I know the feeling you're describing. This is my favorite time of the year, and it's often this time of year when I get those feelings. Something about the season...

September 25, 2009 9:45 PM  
Blogger froggie is... said...

those are lovely lovely thoughts, isay. and maybe it's just a reminder, to say "you're a creature on this planet. take it all in, while it's all here. fall is a stunning palette to create in and be inspired by." i think it's so nice you're observing so much! "))

and, um, i'll say gold, too. it reminds me of klimt. wonderful use of tones and tiny patterns. :))

September 26, 2009 6:15 AM  
Blogger Ellen Byrne said...

gorgeous textures!

September 26, 2009 3:13 PM  
Blogger yoon see said...

Wow! Isay, all these patterns are so lovely. I especially love the grey, green, blue and orange patterns here.

I am so glad that you have a friend to exercise with.
Yeah, I do have the sentimnetal feeling because we are all artistic people.....He..He..
We have special emotion on sentimental that I think is good.
We can create and compose our poem......

Full moon is fully engraved into my heart. I love watching the f.moon all by myself.
It's a beautiful loneliness.

September 27, 2009 9:05 AM  
Blogger Ginger*:) said...

This is a WONDERFUL painting. You had such patience to complete this.

September 29, 2009 12:26 PM  
Blogger Bella Sinclair said...

Isay, this is a beautiful collection of patterns! Rich texture, gorgeous colors. I cannot tell which one is the original, quite frankly.

Those special moments are like little gems throughout the day. Look directly at it, and you might miss it. You can only catch a glimmer out of the corner of your eye. Please don't say it's loneliness. You always have friends here.

October 01, 2009 11:21 PM  
Blogger isay said...

the original is the black and white. have a nice weekend everyone!

October 03, 2009 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home