banner guys fish copy

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The song of ascents



I just finished chapter 8 of Seena B. Frost--Soul Collage: An Intuitive Collage Process for Individuals and Groups. I had some quiet time but just like Carla (Weekly Wings), I was also down, but with colds that would not come out and gave me terrible headaches. For SCDC's week 7, I wanted to share two of the cards I finished, and my thoughts while I was putting them all together.....
At the age of 7, I was already aware by the many symbolic things and images, that has defined (as numbers added to my age) the faith that clearly gave me strength all through this years. I don't think I stumbled nor was I confused..... The Father, His son Jesus and the Holy Spirit have been my guiding light. Many times, when I look at the skies, I always say “From whence comes my help?…..Psalm 121” Clouds forms the face I wanted to see…..the loving eye that's keeping me in the right path, big hands that are protecting me from harm.....many times, a brown butterfly that would signifies the presence of my loving mother would appear-- and keep me company during difficult times …..and so many experiences…… like the peace I always pray for a person on his/her deathbed and the light that will suddenly appear and gone in seconds…..the silence that would takes place afterwards and the overwhelming effect it has created......

6 Comments:

Blogger Rui Sousa said...

Lovely, really nice work! Excellent colours, it´s fantastic!
Regards.

Ru Sousa

May 12, 2009 5:36 AM  
Blogger yoon see said...

Very touching and lively!
Happy Belated Mother's Day Isay!
How did you enjoy your mother's day Isay?

May 12, 2009 8:36 AM  
Anonymous carla said...

Marissa - I am so touched by your words... and the cards you created are mystical and beautiful. I wish I could see them a bit larger to look closely at the details in the card on the left. I am very moved by both cards... thank you so much for sharing them with us. Have a lovely week, my dear:)

May 12, 2009 4:34 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

isay, these cards are amazing! I absolutely love them.

May 12, 2009 11:19 PM  
Blogger soulbrush said...

isn't it amazing what thoughts are coming into our minds while doing this project. these are fascinatingly beautiful.

May 16, 2009 8:58 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

How beautiful and mystical your cards are!! So glad to be a part of this little group - I love seeing the cards and reading the stories behind them :>

May 16, 2009 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home