banner guys fish copy

Friday, April 10, 2009

Illustration Friday: fleeting


Each prayer is more beautiful than the others. I cannot recite them all and not knowing which to choose, I do like children who do not know how to read, I say very simply to God what I wish to say, without composing beautiful sentences, and He always understands me. For me, prayer is an aspiration of the heart, it is a simple glance directed to heaven, it is something great, supernatural, which expands my soul and unites me to Jesus-----Therese of Lisieux

Holy Friday when I was a child was spending quiet time and lighting candles in our home. My mother and eldest sister would take us(myself together with my two younger sisters) to the 3pm long mass in commemoration of Jesus dying on the cross. My father and brothers went by themselves. I remember being bored as a child sitting in the church full of people on a warm weather. But, I always enjoyed the singing and sometimes, the homily of the priest. What I always looked forward was going home after the mass. The whole family would gather together to eat chicken sotanghon soup and native filipino rice cake(that one I really miss).

I was sketching a cake when the new IF prompt came out , so I decided to draw this young woman making a fleeting glance of----ohh yes maybe of the cake I was eating.he he

11 Comments:

Blogger valerie walsh said...

very beautiful! Have a very nice Easter weekend :)

April 10, 2009 2:14 PM  
Blogger Ginger*:) said...

Isay, this is both beautiful and mysterious. Wonderful work!

Have a blessed Easter.

April 10, 2009 4:13 PM  
Blogger Elmaira said...

this is very very nice! :)

April 11, 2009 1:10 AM  
Anonymous Flower girl said...

So beautiful and nice illustration :)

April 11, 2009 9:28 AM  
Blogger Bella Sinclair said...

She is gorgeous! great texture. Hahaha, you'd better watch out or she will steal your cake.

Hope you had a great Easter!

April 12, 2009 3:33 AM  
Blogger soulbrush said...

how exquisite isay. happy easter to you too.

April 12, 2009 3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isay your painting is wonderful and what you said is so incredibly beautiful. . .You are such a wonderful person.

April 12, 2009 7:51 AM  
Blogger yoon see said...

Wow! Really beautiful!
What a sexy fleeting eye games Isay:)

April 12, 2009 8:12 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

She does look a bit curious about something, and she has very expressive eyes.
Beautiful work, and I enjoyed your narrative, and hope you enjoyed your cake.

Happy Easter Isay, I'm a little late I know.

April 13, 2009 7:44 PM  
Blogger Eric Barclay said...

Beautiful work- love the hat!

April 14, 2009 10:31 AM  
Blogger Burt said...

I was bit by a dog last Friday! 'Twas more of a Not-So-Good Friday this year...

April 15, 2009 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home