banner guys fish copy

Saturday, December 06, 2008

similar(ities)


I'd told a part of this story before. I have two younger sisters and we only have one year difference in our ages. During our childhood days, my mom and my eldest sibling(my sister) likes to dress us up in the same style of clothes, same style of shoes, handkerchief, bags and even hats . They also brought us to parties and we danced the Hawaiian dance. Ohhh we were such obedient girls. I cannot remember the time we started having our own styles or when we decided to outgrew their ideas.
Actually,we are not really the best of siblings. We fought a lot, we pulled each others hair, throw things to each other and make faces to each other etc. Somehow even though we believed we have similarities, we knew back then that we have our own identities to build up. And now that we've all grown up we just laugh off whatever foolish things we've done before and as what I’d told in my 100 things about me, “nowadays we don't pull each others hair anymore but we just criticize...." he he he

By the way, I was tagged and I hope to be able to post them later. My apologies.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bella Sinclair said...

Isay, this is beautiful! I love their colorful hats. They're like jewels. And the way you chose them to sit facing different directions -- genius!

December 06, 2008 4:48 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This is just beautiful. The colors are so very bright and fun. I love each one. The texture is fabulous too. Great job again.

December 06, 2008 7:19 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Such a sweet illo of the three of you. I didn't realize you did the hulu! I bet it was adorable. Do you still do it?

December 06, 2008 10:51 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

it really does look charming and it makes me want to dress like them :) I always wanted a twin!

December 06, 2008 5:06 PM  
Blogger yoon see said...

You are very thoughtful & creatively illustrate your sweet memory through IF.
Loving your sweet & fresh style isay!
Take care!

December 07, 2008 2:04 AM  
Blogger soulbrush said...

what a wonderful drawing, full of sensations...

December 07, 2008 3:03 AM  
Blogger Michael G. O’Connell said...

you sound like great sisters… this is a fine illo and story… parents do such embarrassing things to their kids…

December 10, 2008 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home