banner guys fish copy

Friday, March 14, 2008

heavy


This is an oil painting I did when it started raining over here. It reminded me of so many memories I had growing up in my homeland the Philippines. Those days when dark heavy clouds gave me some kind of scary feeling, because it would mean either days of non- stop raining or worst- a big storm. But I like it when it poured heavily, as heavy as it was when it was forming up in the skies, because I know that there would be light and rainbow afterwards, and sometimes the sun would be shining while it was raining. That was great….even the flowers would look so strikingly beautiful just like this tulip on a spring rainy day like today.
What’s so cool about rainy days is that, I can sit down beside my window while listening to Rhythm of the Rain by the cascades or Umbrella by Rihanna, or I would read a danish novel and having a cup of steaming hot chocolate or jasmine tea on the side and a not so sweet, crispy chocolate chips. Ohhh Life is beautiful.
Be still, sad heart, and cease repining;Behind the clouds the sun is shining;Thy fate is the common fate of all,Into each life some rain must fall,Some days must be dark and dreary.- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, An April Day

10 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Rietz said...

This is simply STUNNING Isay! I really love them both. And I like what you had to add, plus the poem at the end. This is beautiful art.

March 14, 2008 10:24 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

WoW! Talk about ripe for this word! I always try to get them to stand up by bracing it against the leaves but they flop back down from the weight of the flower head. You have many meanings in this post that go with "heavy" Great piece and quote!!!

March 14, 2008 12:28 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Both Kate & Val have said what needs to be said. The paintings are indeed wonderful and I should like to add that, in my opinion, your work has come a very long way in a very short time. I feel privileged to have been along for the ride at least part of the way. :)

March 14, 2008 6:58 PM  
Blogger Faruffa said...

Wonderful, two great pieces of art!

March 15, 2008 10:51 AM  
Blogger pati said...

It's beautiful, Isay... peaceful :)

March 15, 2008 6:31 PM  
Blogger franhilz said...

beautiful painting, beautiful text, Isay!

March 15, 2008 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The painting is really beautiful in its simplicity, and your post is written with such strong images that it really touched me.

March 16, 2008 1:00 PM  
Blogger Ellen Byrne said...

Your illustration and words are beautiful! A great contribution!

March 17, 2008 6:38 AM  
Blogger Ginger*:) said...

This is beautiful Isay. I wish you sunnier days ahead.

March 20, 2008 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, a good work indeed...and thanks for your words of wisdom...
PS
the greenpeace banner is fantastic,I'll try to put on my blog.
ciao

March 22, 2008 6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home