banner guys fish copy

Friday, January 25, 2008

tales and legends





Maria Makiling. She is the most widely known diwata or fairy in Filipino Folklore. This illustration is my own version of her. . I read tagalog books about Philippine tales and legends in my younger years and she was one of my favorite. and here is the first link I found in the net. I had not much time to check on other links.
I am not well and still very tired, and my right eye is continously moving(winking etc) for three days now. Something is keeping me from not going to the doctor. I am not sure what it is.......Damn, I am so stubborn.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Lovely piece, really charming and magical. I hope you feel better soon.

January 25, 2008 4:08 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Goodness Isay, you have had too long a road of illness. Hugs to feel better.
Lovely illo!

January 25, 2008 4:56 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Silly, stubborn person- you must take care of yourself and get well! Get thee to a doctor, friend, if you're not well soon.

*hug*

Feel better soon!

January 26, 2008 5:13 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

oh my isay! that thing with your eyes might be serious.. you need to have that checked po.. and soon!

and btw.. maria makiling is my chosen tale as well..

January 27, 2008 5:24 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

please go to the doctor Marissa! Do I sound like a mother? Please do because you need to see to keep making your beautiful art! I enjoyed this post very much, what a wonderful fairy!

January 28, 2008 11:25 AM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Hope the fairy helps your eyes :)

January 30, 2008 6:28 AM  
Blogger imwithsully said...

awesome work!

January 31, 2008 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home