banner guys fish copy

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Another 100%


I should be doing something else but, here I am sitting in front of the computer beside the window watching a little of snow melting away and, on the desk beside are old pictures that brought back memories of the past.
This story is a bit longer so I hope you can bear with me. I like exploring new places and so many years ago- when I thought I cannot travel outside my country, I decided to see many parts of the countryside in my homeland the Philippines. I have lots of friends back then, but there were few who can go with me. One of the willing companion I had was a missionary brother and we travelled in a beautiful place in the northern part, and found a hotel that was surrounded by mountains. It was a busy place like a market place when you are looking in the front of the hotel but at the back was the mountain and was green all over. We slept in the same room but we separated the beds into two and the first night, I discovered he was snoring so loudly that I always threw one of the pillows to wake him up and stopped his snoring. We ended up not sleeping so much during the night, and just slept away during our bus trips. We would sat near the window in front of the hotel and talked about what we saw and told so many stories to each other and this illustration was one of them. There was a hotel where the structure was like this. It was almost dawn and a guy was standing on the center where the elevator and stairs was and the glass windows was so clear. I imagined it was a handsome guy and he imagined it was a beautiful woman and we began creating stories about them. It was really fun. I always had some pen and paper with me because I liked to doodle and the original illustration of this one I gave to him. He said, now this was a creation of 100% imagination.

8 Comments:

Blogger Reeko said...

Great story. Brings so much to the piece.

January 06, 2008 2:59 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

I know what you mean about snoring!! Great piece Isay. The story tells us so much and the illustration is so well done! I like your imagination.

January 06, 2008 9:00 AM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Nice work, and good story.

January 07, 2008 10:42 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

What a great story, and I love the creativity of the illustration.

January 07, 2008 6:24 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Oh dear yes snoring! HAHA!! I enjoyed your story Isay and wonderful glowing illustration to go with :)

January 09, 2008 2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

were you sagada's area?anyways this ia a very evocative image! skilful use of gradients and trasparencies...

January 09, 2008 3:00 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

nice story isay. i can only imagine how you must have missed traveling here. and usually when i do travel, i stare at the horizon and imagine how far can i go..

January 10, 2008 2:18 AM  
Blogger Barbara Hagerty said...

What a great story and wonderful illustration! That was 100% imagination!

January 13, 2008 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home