banner guys fish copy

Friday, November 16, 2007

Superstition


I can't wait for the other entries this week at Illustration Friday. There are so many superstitions around the world that can be drawn and illustrate....I grew up with a lot of superstition around me especially with old people who had tons and loads of stories and do's and dont's_and to think that I was raised with a Catholic faith. Maybe I will draw one of them later on. I am sharing you this illustration I just finished yesterday. I am sure there was a bit of a superstition idea when I started drawing the image. I

8 Comments:

Blogger soulbrush said...

is that a beard or a scarf?

November 16, 2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger isay said...

a scarf

November 16, 2007 8:30 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Very moody, and wonderfully done.

November 16, 2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger get zapped said...

She's beautiful. Love the colors and textures.

November 16, 2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

ohh yeah me too cant wait to see all the entries. last week it was 500 plus! and i wont forgive myself if i wont have an entry for this week as well. gee i was also raised as a roman catholic and yet full of superstitious beliefs!

November 16, 2007 12:31 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

very interesting style!

November 16, 2007 2:01 PM  
Blogger Liz Jones said...

Love the contrast! The dark cloak definitely has a feeling of superstition, somehow...

November 19, 2007 6:00 AM  
Blogger Laurel Neustadter said...

Very beautiful and mysterious. I like the subtle leaves and glowing head shape (oval) in the background. The colors are great.

November 21, 2007 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home