banner guys fish copy

Saturday, September 01, 2007

alphabets (one more time)


I cannot help it-I am inspired to make another illustration. This time it is my signature name. It's not that I don't like my real name-in fact-it makes me remember my mother because she is the only one in my family who call me Marissa. My siblings, relatives, friends calls me Marie-and I also like being called Marie. Over here, they call me Maria. I decided to sign Isay in all my drawings and paintings because it is shorter and I like writing the letter y with upward curve at the end. One of my colleague in the hospital I worked before- gave me that nickname. It's kinda cute and firm everytime she called my name. And I said to myself"uhmmm I like the sound of it".
The images on the right side are some of my acrylic paintings that I hope to show in an exhibition in which the question would be when? I don't want to say as usual, everything seem like "hanging" in my situation right now. But, to be honest with all of you, I am having some problems and it is hard to focus. And yet, I know that the right time will follow and by then, I'll be able to have time for my own website and I can work fulltime.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ginger*:) said...

Marissa, Marie, Maria, Isay, I love all your names. And hopefully you will have that show. Your paintings are wonderful and show your talent at its best.

September 02, 2007 4:18 AM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

I really like the composition of this - like an index of the work alongside the artist. There's a nice attitude to the whole thing.

I'm not that keen on my name either. In fact, names as a whole don't mean much to me - I'm always aware of the utilitarian constructs that are language. Things exist, even without our tags.

Maybe it's one reason my characters often don't have proper names!

September 02, 2007 10:29 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

All of those versions of your name are really pretty. :0)

September 03, 2007 3:35 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

isay, yousay, we all say, isay!!! i love that name! You made me smile when you say your mom calls you marissa because my mom call sme by my full name and she is the only one. everybody else calls me val or valgal. Wonderful illo isay!

September 03, 2007 8:03 PM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

It can also be your superhero name! You can be... The Sayer!

September 05, 2007 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home