banner guys fish copy

Friday, June 01, 2007

your paradise


I learned the word paradise when I was little and they said it was also heaven..... And they said it is a lovely place. As I grew up, I used the word heaven when I had eaten some delicious food.....
This drawing is taken from a Christmas card that I made two years ago. I just changed it a bit. (I have this terrible headache the whole day today that I don't think I can draw this weekend......)I have been longing to go to the countryside. The memories of my childhood experiences keeps on coming back and this drawing is one of those. ....

12 Comments:

Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Well done. :-)

June 01, 2007 12:42 PM  
Blogger carla said...

I remember this illustration! I liked it then and I like it now... what a wonderful feeling it exudes.

June 01, 2007 5:05 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This really does look like paradise!

June 01, 2007 10:50 PM  
Blogger pati said...

What a beautiful paradise, Isay :)

cabanadigital.com

June 02, 2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

You have such talent. Beautiful drawing, Isay. :-) Hope you're well, take care and have a wonderful Sunday, xo

June 03, 2007 2:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

I like this very much, Isay. Especially I enjoy the way you've arranged the 3 elements, alluding to the old, the new and paradise!

June 03, 2007 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this scenery is familiar to me...
;)
maybe paradise is a place where nothing ever happens!

June 04, 2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

Isay, this is lovely! I thought this was another silly topic until I saw your picture - a personal paradise according to a particular individual.

The composition is perfect!

On the style, do I see the influence of the great Japanese artists Hiroshige and Hokusai at all? I love this look!

June 04, 2007 7:40 PM  
Blogger Ellen Byrne said...

ahhhh! how comforting and evocative!

June 06, 2007 3:32 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Of course i love this!!!

June 06, 2007 10:30 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

wonderful sequence, Isay!!

June 07, 2007 11:28 PM  
Blogger ° said...

brings back memories nice house and rooster outside must be early moring lol

June 09, 2007 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home