banner guys fish copy

Saturday, June 16, 2007

fear of rejection


I had a couple and more of experiences where I was rejected especially when I was younger. My bedroom then, was not really well lighted that the view outside the window doesn’t give so much light and, everytime I would be rejected or some of my works, I would sat down in my bed in the dark for hours. I liked it when I cried because it takes a shorter time to recover and do something else afterwards. My bedroom is also a source of refuge for me especially when I was not living alone in the house. I create almost everything in my bedroom especially in expressing my feelings by drawing or painting or just anything that I can create. Weird.I always scattered everything in my bed or even does some painting with white linens on. Nowadays, my bedroom is so well lighted that the sun and moon makes me lie down and read or sleep or just listen to some music, or just admiring the moon during nights when it is shining full.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Rietz said...

Isay, this is truly beautiful! I can look at this piece several different ways and see different things in it. I love your choice of colors, too. It is a very special piece.

June 16, 2007 12:56 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This is gorgeous isay! It's my favorite of all so far!

June 16, 2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

Well, just like Virginia Woolf said, every woman needs a room of her own! Now your room is like a dream come true isn't it?

Strange to say, I no longer paint in my room. Instead, I work in the living room where my parents make a lot of noise, but most of the time, I do not feel bothered. Interesting isn't it? I kinda enjoy their company...

I can feel your joy in the illo, it's warm and full of delight!

June 18, 2007 1:49 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

This is a beautiful piece and i love hat you wrote about your room!

June 18, 2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

I like how you can read images within the piece.. The colours are stunning

June 19, 2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Wonderfulcolors and love the texture. They're strong opposites, green and red, perhaps mysteries to one another, so a fear of rejection follows. Fascinating piece, and I enjoyed reading your thoughts on some of your bouts with rejection.

June 19, 2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

I meant to add, I really like the boarderwith your name, great touch!

June 19, 2007 8:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the abstract quality!

June 19, 2007 11:38 PM  
Blogger Ginger*:) said...

This is truly beautiful, Isay, one of your very best.
The tone and texture create a powerful mood.

June 22, 2007 4:02 PM  
Blogger pati said...

I was rejected too, Isay, and now I'm grateful for that. After all, lives knows best what it truly the best for us ;)

June 22, 2007 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home