banner guys fish copy

Friday, February 09, 2007

crash



The bell tolls every morning and she will get up from bed and go to the chapel and pray. This morning, the sound was different-the bell crashed slowly to the floor.

"One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place."
-- Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886)
I am sorry that I have to put in and out the texts and illustrations of this one. You see, I finally decided that I will share the story behind the illustration in relation with my past.
Where I grew up, there were two churches and they have bells that tolls at 5 am to remind people that the mass is about to begin. There was a time in my life that going to church every morning have become a habit. I have stayed in the nunnery, too--- thinking I will become a real nun one day. The bell tolls for me every day but, one day it crashed like blood clot trying to explode in my veins. I finally decided to go out, finished school and never returned. That is the end of the true story of that chapter in my life.

9 Comments:

Blogger valerie walsh said...

unique and clever interpertation of the word! well done!

February 09, 2007 12:01 PM  
Blogger pati said...

Nice illo as usual, Isay :)

February 09, 2007 4:13 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock's movies. Very cool!

February 09, 2007 9:48 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Wow Isay that's a hard decision to have made, thank you for telling us.

The picture is haunting.

February 10, 2007 3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a story!and a very intriguing illo...tnx for let me know on funny fonts showed...I wonder!
:)

February 10, 2007 4:31 AM  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

Cool work isay-

February 10, 2007 8:47 AM  
Blogger franhilz said...

beautiful drawing, Isay ... and good for you, girl! nothing better than to be free!

February 10, 2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Thanks for shairng such an interesting story Isay. Happy you are free and this is a wonderful conceptual of that piece of your life.

February 10, 2007 3:47 PM  
Blogger ° said...

glad all the bell ringing didnt make u crash into a world u didnt want but pushed u into one u did. great story and illo

February 11, 2007 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home