banner guys fish copy

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Stormy


"Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside." ~Rita Rudner

In a stormy weather like we are having nowadays, I have found myself looking for comfort in the grounds of the hospital in front of my flat. I don't why but, I always have this little fear everytime the wind is blowing so hard. It must be because of all the stormy weather that I have experienced in the past when I was growing up. (I have shared some of those experiences in my previous posts if some of you can still remember.)Anyway, while walking in the entrance going to the cafeteria, I saw this beautiful pregnant woman. She smiled at me and said, I am having twins and this is my first pregnancy. I don't know what to say really, and so I said, good for you and God bless! When I came home, I have thought that I should make a drawing of her and tried ignoring the wind-rustling, blustering, howling and deep sounding all over my windows and roof.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isay, this is truly beautiful. The whole story and the inspiration just prove what an artist's soul you have.

January 14, 2007 5:17 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Yes, going to the hospital during the storm would make sense with the storms you've been through. I imagine it would be comforting. What a bright spot in the bad weather to see this young, expectant mother. It's a sign of hope, isn't it?

Lovely illustration as always, isay. :0)

January 14, 2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Nice illustration! And a funny quote!

January 16, 2007 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home