banner guys fish copy

Friday, January 12, 2007

men in 1980's




My ex-husband passed by today and gave me some of my old stuff. I asked him what he looks like in the 80's. (we have not met yet during that time-I was too young then-he is older than me....)and he send me this picture by e-mail.. He loves sailing even during that time, and he said he had always worn sailing shoes, he doesn't have to wear pads for his clothes because his shoulders were already broad and big. Khakis were also a fashion in the 80's and long hair and beard. Big and wide eyeglasses, too.
I don't think he will like my drawing that is why I have set the actual picture on the left. One thing I can say, he has really that beautiful eyes and smile.

6 Comments:

Blogger Weichuen You said...

You are so sweet isay. I mean, I never know how to be friends with my ex-lovers, or maybe subconsciously and consciously I refuse that possibility. I don't know how your ex would feel, but I am moved by your painting. I think you'll find someone with whom you can be happy. A lot of good wishes for you and a warm and big hug!

January 12, 2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I like that you can still see the good in this man with whom things didn't work out, but who meant so much to you for so long. Yours is a beautiful soul, isay.

January 12, 2007 10:29 PM  
Blogger isay said...

hello miragee and aravis! We have tried to become good friends and somehow I think it has become some form of healing on my part. Bitterness have slowly went away and peace is taking place. One day, when I am ready, I would be glad to paint and share my journey on line.

January 13, 2007 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your ex-husband's dressing style is quite similar to mine! funny illo and take on the topic.
:0
tnx for your comment.

January 13, 2007 1:08 AM  
Blogger isay said...

hi aynaku-i don't have a doubt you and my ex-husband will go along well. And one thing for sure, you will both start talking of the weather and then about boats, travelling etc......

January 13, 2007 1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isay, such wonderful artwork of late - you've been busy. :-) I especially like the one of you beneath this one, very feisty and fresh. And I agree completely with Aravis. We witnessed such sadness in you in times gone, I'm happy for you that you have found some peace and that you are still on good terms with your ex.

January 13, 2007 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home