banner guys fish copy

Thursday, January 18, 2007

the elephants in my life

"Not too near and not too far
Out of the stress of the crowd
Music screams as elephants scream
When they lift their trunks and scream aloud
For joy of the night when masters are asleep and adream."
----D.H. Lawrence (1885-1930), New Poems, 1916, Hyde Park at Night, before the War.

I am very fond of elephants, and if you would help me i reminiscin' those posts about the elephants in my life last year---you can click here and here. There are some new things going on about them and I let you know when they are ready. For now, I will share with you a cover of a book of watercolor paintings I have started when I was having a problem April last year. Painting those elephants have given me some kind of outlet in releasing my pain and a hope for new direction in my life.

Do you like elephants?

Here you can find a link about them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

I love elephants Isay

and I remember your feet and tattooed ones too. I am struck now by the fact that you put both on or near your feet. Maybe elephant is your power animal for creating a ground connection, I don't know how to describe that better... the animal that links you so that your energy is properly earthed!

Could that be what it is?

January 18, 2007 3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elephants are very dear to my heart, Isay. The elephant you illustrated is so lovely and cheerful on his sunny day.

January 18, 2007 4:43 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

What a great illustration! I love the stylized look of it.

I like elephants, but my brother likes them more. He had one tattooed on his left upper-arm. :0)

January 18, 2007 2:46 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks for dropping by and even leaving comments caroline, ginger and aravis.

yes, i know ginger and i like all your elephant in your illustrations and stories.

January 19, 2007 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home