banner guys fish copy

Thursday, November 23, 2006

warm days

Picture taken at Laguna Beach, Sentosa, Singapore.

I feel so cold today and not feeling so well and, I miss the warm weather in the Philippines. I don't know why I chose the quote below-maybe because I feel like staying home and yet, I cannot.

"Thank God every day when you get up that you have something to do that day which must be done whether you like it or not. Being forced to work and forced to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues, which the idle will never know." - Basil Carpenter

4 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

That does look warming!

Hope you feel warm and well soon.

(I don't like being forced... I don't think I gain any of the qualities through being forced!)

November 23, 2006 5:22 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Wouldn't mind being there myself right now either, and I can't complain, because one thing is certian, the weather here in London is much warmer than it is there.

Hope you feel better soon, wrap up warm, love and hugs, x

November 23, 2006 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i remembere this place...actually i did'nt like that much, very manicured singaporean style....the Phil island cannot be compared with it!
and I misssed too
;)

November 26, 2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

I've never been to Sentosa, but I've heard so much about it. Is it an interesting place?

Well, I tend to feel kinda down in winter too. Cheer up gal. The quote is really excellent. You know, work has its positive value. If you do not feel motivated when you get up in the morning, this is what I do. I think only about the painting I am going to do after work. This helps me go through the work part every day. And as a matter of fact, the moment we start working, it's not that bad...

Take care ok? And here are some warm hugs from the subtropical island:-)...

November 27, 2006 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home