banner guys fish copy

Saturday, October 21, 2006

ghost witch and ghost thoughts


I just lost the file for the texts of these images. I hope to be able to upload it on Monday. Have a nice weekend to all. By the way, there are some pictures over here.

The texts which I had promised to upload was so long and I really lost it. It is about a true story about a ghost experience I had in the past. Maybe, one of these days if I have the time. Anyway, the first image here is an image of one my models and have manipulated and turned it into a witch using the filter distort-spherize, burn and dodge tools. The second image is a picture that I also manipulated using distort spherize, burn and dodge, brush tools.

By the way, I had a week off from work and had a one week autumn holiday at home, relaxing and doing some light things like putting holes on my wall for my paintings. It was a quiet time for me and I had the time to reflect about what I had been thru and, I can't believe that I was able to make it. It was truly a painful experience but they were ghost thoughts already that might haunt me once in a while well, only to remind me how it was before and now.

I hope I can share more in the near future. Have a nice week all of you!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Isay,
Your illustration are splendid !
The second is very soft and romantic!
Great job!
Have a nice week!

October 24, 2006 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like both, so spooky! guess that all the grey hues congiures up...
:)

October 25, 2006 12:41 AM  
Blogger carla said...

Both are quite nice, but the bottom is my favorite. I like the texture and the little touches of color. I have been so busy, so I haven't had time to visit...it's good to see you posting!

October 25, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Isay,
you sound in all you say so very much happier than this time last year, so nice to see. So let those ghosts haunt once in a while, that's all they are now, phantoms, this new life that you are building up is reality.
Nice artwork, as always :-)
Have a great week, x

October 25, 2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger Ginger*:) said...

The ghosts of the past can easily be put behind us when the good days are here. I am so happy for you that you had time to get ready to hang artwork, and to relax. Your ghostly paintings are very effective. The witch is especially wicked! Good job. Looking forward to seeing your other posts. Have a good weekend.

October 26, 2006 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat illos here.

Glad you are back at it and take good care!

-patty

October 27, 2006 6:10 AM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

Hey girl, I haven't heard from you for a while. Is everything ok? Take a lot of care alright?

November 03, 2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

The first picture is a powerful rendering of an enormous nightmare! I'm not sure I understand the technique you used but the resulting composition works very effectively, largely due to the shapes and tones. The solid, fairly flat rectangular forms and triangular figure at the bottom imply stability and contrast well against the rounded, asymmetrical, embracing and controlling forms above. The face at slightly below centre is the masterstroke!

The second picture is just beautiful in an ethereal way. It reminds me a bit of old Victorian spirit photography - I bet those guys wished they had Photoshop :).

November 08, 2006 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home