banner guys fish copy

Monday, April 10, 2006

Dynamic men



It will always start with a hello in the harbour in front of a view of different kinds of boat. The conversation will be about the weather, boats, boat building, prices, competitions, harbours, countries, sailors, magazines, boat shows, money, sailing clothes and shoes, techniques, boat yards and even sea sickness. I decided to do some quick sketch of their faces. G was a bit curious of what I was doing. And the conversation went on and on. And I asked, can I post this on my blog? D said, let’s talk about it over a cup of coffee, so we all went. The conversation never stops….After having had a cup of coffee, I asked them-don’t you have other topics aside from the sailing world? P smiled-let’s have some cakes-and I waved at the waiter- cakes over here please! The conversation continues..... At the end-A winked at me and said – of course you can but you have tell them that we are all single. Boy, was I glad and so I was ready to pay the bill when D said-the lady is not allowed to take care of that. I always do-he said and we all laughed.

I was glad I was inspired to do this series of face sketches. I have drawn their faces separately and put them all together in one file. This is just a quick sketch and I hope to make it better later on.

Nice topic in Inspire me Thursday.

11 Comments:

Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Imaginary men, the best kind lol
Nice work, Isay.
Hope you have a happy monday, x

April 10, 2006 5:24 AM  
Blogger isay said...

hi autumn! They are not imaginary. They are real persons. i am not sure if they are the best but they are real gentlemen.

i am sick but ia m okay. i hope you are having a nice day!

April 10, 2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Powpourri said...

This is a great piece. I love this spin on this concept. Brandi

April 10, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isay, what wonderful sketches. Great take on IMT.
Take care of yourself as you take the week off. Get some rest.

April 12, 2006 4:12 AM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

Oh they are so handsome and most of all, single! Why didn't you give me a call to join you guys:-)? Just kidding!

April 12, 2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

How alive their eyes look, my daughter loves p's eyes I love d's. Fabulous. Judy x

April 13, 2006 4:33 AM  
Blogger TXArtcGal said...

Nice job!

April 13, 2006 6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why, look at you, girl, finding such handsome subject matter for this week's challenge ;)

Thanks for participating at Inspire Me Thursday!

April 13, 2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger carla said...

Excellent series! I like your "dynamic men" - each with such a distinctive personality. And they're all so handsome... I like that they're all aces! Well done:>

April 13, 2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks everyone for your comments-and that is not just coming from me but also from these guys. They wanted me to tell all of you that I only made them look so handsome in my sketches.(seems like they're telling me that I am not good at drawing-would you agree with them?)---well, jokers they are also.

April 14, 2006 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, eh...i think I understand these guys!
:)
I like the way you depicted their faces (sun tanned?)

April 16, 2006 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home