banner guys fish copy

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Shelter from storm


Medium: acrylic on canvas
Size: 50 x 50 cm
Title: Shelter from Storm

Have you ever tried painting while your tears keeps falling? I have done this painting some nights ago when I was really feeling so bad-I have cried so hard until my throat hurts and had a hard time breathing. I was able to breathe normal again after I have changed my position from sitting down to standing straight, clean my nose and smelled some chinese balm while the crying continued. One weakness I have is that when I start crying, it takes time for me to stop and funny thing is I also cry in front of the mirror sometimes. (I am starting a painting about that nowadays.) Although, I have cried only during the roughest times in my life, I can say that it has helped me felt a little better afterwards.

Actually, when I have started drawing again last year, I realized that each of my drawings and paintings tells a lot about how I feel. I am selling this painting right away if I can. It is entitled shelter from the storm-please feel free to say something if you have any thing to say about it.

10 Comments:

Blogger flossy-p said...

Oh Dear Isay, I hope your tears dry quickly, and help to wash away all that sadness. Big warm hugs to you.

Your painting is absolutely beautiful by the way - the tears although overwhelming, certainly helped you to create something truely wonderful.

March 14, 2006 3:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Out of all your paintings I have seen so far this is the most moving. I feel like you are being drawn in and beyond the mirror and reflection. For me there is a sense of peace beyond what you can see.

March 14, 2006 6:08 AM  
Blogger isay said...

wow! this must be my lucky day-i have been visited by two of my favorite artists.

thanks a lot-you don't know how much this means to me and i am teary eyed again but hey-i will not cry-you have both made me smile.

March 14, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Isay, I'm so sorry that you're going through this painful time. I hope on the other side of the tears, you'll eventually find the joy you seek and deserve.

I agree with Toni, I find this piece incredibly moving. It stirs the imagination and draws me in. Just beautiful!

March 14, 2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger isay said...

i am really blessed today-thank you dear aravis. it makes me glad everytime you drop by-seems you're just nearby.

March 14, 2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

This is a beautiful work. So much depth and feeling in it.

I hope your tears have passed and left you feeling renewed.

March 15, 2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger isay said...

coming from you-oh my thousand thanks.

no more tears caroline although the feeling is still here and yet, your message lifts my spirits.

March 15, 2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Hey Isay - sorry, I've not been around, was having connection problems. Hope you are doing better, xoxo

March 16, 2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

Oh dear Isay, I wish I could give you a big hug right away:-). On the other hand, I overheard a conversation between two young gals in a restaurant. One of them said that artists got to go through really serious hardships to creat excellent works. I have a feeling that your recent works have a very different feel than a while ago. They are deeper in terms of emotion. Take this painting for example, it's rather poetic for me. I like the green and white contrasted with the background dark blue. Somehow the light tones of color make me see hopes still...

I hope you've done better. If not, you know, I'll be around.

Take care ok?

March 17, 2006 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since my aunt died in December last year, there have been many times when I have cried while I was painting. Seems like I've poured out my heart onto the paper - it was the only way for me to not fall completely into pieces! So I feel strongly for you and your beautiful painting. I am glad I found your site! So many talented and creative people "out there"!

March 20, 2006 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home