banner guys fish copy

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Mother butterfly


I begun my relationship with a brown butterfly when my mother died. On the first night of the wake, out of my misery I terribly asked her to show herself again to me while I was lying in bed at home. It was some kind of feeling that I was thinking she might still be around for some hours and was looking at us. On my pillow was a big close up picture of her which I hugged while closing my eyes and talking to her. Then suddenly out of nowhere a brown butterfly appeared in my room. The window and door was closed and I was wondering where it could come from. It is a brown butterfly and it keeps flying around me. Suddenly, I thought it was my mother who's trying to calm me down. I have seen the same butterfly everyday until the day we buried her. A brown butterfly became a symbolic memory of my mother especially when I needed to talk to her or when something was wrong with my father or everytime I dreamt of her, and or whenever I have problems or I am in trouble-it never failed to appear.........

14 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Lovely - I'm glad she was there for you in some form.

March 04, 2006 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touching story of the brown butterfly, and very nice illustration, Isay.

The bull in love is very, very funny.

March 04, 2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger modroom said...

A beautiful butterfly and I like the composition too. Interesting what you say as well. ...:::)

March 04, 2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Wow! That's cool.
love

March 04, 2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Fascinating and touching story of your mother and this butterfly, and this depiction is really beautiful.

March 04, 2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

The butterfly comes as the symbol of rebirth and regeneration. It came to me once too! I love this illustration and your tender heartfelt story! Beautiful!!!

March 04, 2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

What a beautiful and touching story. I'm so glad that she found a way to offer you the comfort you needed. And what a lovely reminder every time you see a brown butterfly! You're illustration is wonderful.

March 04, 2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger georg said...

beautiful - what a lovely way of thinking of your mother

March 04, 2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

iYour story is so beautiful and touching...I mean, it's full of feelings, but it's not that sad because not everyone got the chance to be reunited with their mothers after the death of the latter right?

I like the choice of colors in the illo. The earthy and dark tones hold much feeling...Lovely!

March 04, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Beautiful illustration and story, so wonderfully expressed. Think this is my favourite post yet.

Happy Sunday, Isay, hope you are doing okay.

(I've seen butterflies too in similar circumstances.)

March 04, 2006 11:33 PM  
Blogger Zórdís said...

Very heart touching. I believe that angel spirits are all around us and not unlike your mother has chosen the aspect of a beautiful butterfly "mariposa" ....

We all need to touch the strings to someone loved when feeling blue!

March 05, 2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Would you beleive the same thing happened to my mother and my uncle when their parents died?

March 05, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

It's probably no accident that butterflies have so often been symbols of souls in transition. A lovely story and picture - thanks, Isay!

March 08, 2006 11:59 PM  
Blogger fin said...

beautiful story and illustration....

March 09, 2006 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home