banner guys fish copy

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Flash back...warm nights


I got inspired this evening and started this illustration right away after listening to the music. I'm so satisfied with the finished product.

One of the best song that I never get tired listening over and over from the first time I have heard it playing over the radio was a song in the 80's by Cindy Lauper. Even the fast version was really nice. You can hear the mp3 here but it is not complete. How about you-would you like to share a favorite song you like listening over and over and over again?

Time After Time

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,
And think of you
Caught up in circles confusion--
Is nothing new
Flashback--warm nights--
Almost left behind
Suitcases of memories,
Time after--
Sometimes you picture me--
I'm walking too far ahead
You're calling to me,
I can't hear
What you've said--
Then you say--go slow--I fall behind--
The second hand unwinds

Chorus:
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
Time after time

After my picture fades and darkness has
Turned to gray
Watching through windows--you're wondering
If I'm OK
Secrets stolen from deep inside
The drum beats out of time--

Chorus:
If you're lost...
You said go slow--I fall behind
The second hand unwinds--

Chorus:
If you're lost......
Time after time
Time after time
Time after time
Time after time

7 Comments:

Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Coincidence - was listening to this song the other day and got inspired myself, didn't have time to write a post though and lost it as so often happens. Good song, evocative.

Interesting illustration, I like it! Hope you've had a nice weekend, Isay, take care, x

March 26, 2006 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Isay,
Beautiful song which I listened in the 80's...Time of my twenty years! Beautiful memories.
Thank you Isay

March 27, 2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

I love this one too! Oh, your recent works are really soulful...I love Cindy Lauper's "True Color." She has a very special voice...

March 28, 2006 4:18 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I've always liked that song too. My favorite song of the moment is Run, by Snow Patrol.

This is a lovely illustration, isay. :0)

March 28, 2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

This was written or cowritten by (much underrated) band The Hooters - I saw them perform an excellent version of this fine song many years ago. I think one of them sings the backup on Cyndi's excellent version too...

March 28, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Trée said...

Been a long time since I've heard that wonderful song. Brings back many fond memories. Very nice illustration.

March 28, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this song too, and it always brings a tear to my eye.! It reminds me of my daughter Andrea. I miss her very much. She lives in California and I live in New York. Opposite ends of the United States. It's good to know that someone else likes this song. Thank you Isay!

March 31, 2006 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home