banner guys fish copy

Friday, February 17, 2006

Song




This week topic is Song and I am sure it would be illustrated in more ways than one especially with the wide range of wonderful, talented artists joining IF. I thought, it can also be the Song Dynasty in China or just any song.

Here's something for you to know - the chinese people and their culture, music and food have been a part of my growing years. I have very close chinese friends and I can say that they are very loyal, fun to be with and honest. They were the ones who have exposed me in watching chinese films and learned to like Jackie Chan. I even had a boyfriend who looks like him especially when he was still younger.(LOL)

Well, my idea for this illustration is about a little chinese girl-singing twinkle twinkle little star to her siamese cat in their garden one summer everning. You can hear the chinese version here.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,How I wonder what you are.Up above the world so high,Like a diamond in the sky.Twinkle, twinkle, little star,How I wonder what you are!When the blazing sun is gone,When he nothing shines upon,Then you show your little light,Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.Twinkle, twinkle, little star,How I wonder what you are!Then the traveler in the darkThanks you for your tiny spark;He could not see which way to go,If you did not twinkle so.Twinkle, twinkle, little star,How I wonder what you are!In the dark blue sky you keep,While you thro' my window peep,And you never shut your eye,Till the sun is in the sky,Twinkle, twinkle, little star,How I wonder what you are!

Jane Taylor wrote the lyrics in 1806.

22 Comments:

Blogger Kim Carney said...

that is wonderful Isay!

February 17, 2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Her clothes are adorable and that twillight garden is enchanting. I luv how you faded some of the flowers into the darkness !
:-)

February 17, 2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I knew you would come up with something so special for this theme. Just beautiful Isay!

February 17, 2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Ginger*:) said...

How much fun is this! I liked singing along in English to the Chinese music and words. Thanks for sharing, once again, your fond memories, beautiful art and ideas.

February 17, 2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This is very sweet; it made me smile. :0)

February 17, 2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

isay, this is so magical and i love the lyrics!!! Thank you so much!!!

February 17, 2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger carla said...

You have given such a magical visual form to that song...I love the scintillating sweep of stars surrounding the girl. It's lovely:>

February 17, 2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

So many songs in your heart!

February 17, 2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

This is really original. I love the cut'n'paste quality.

February 17, 2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

A magical, fantasy feel to it - something one would hang over a crib, just lovely :-)
Hope you are having a lovely evening, talk to you soon, x

February 17, 2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this! Do more.

February 17, 2006 2:37 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Your image is like magic like the song when sung by a child :)

February 17, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

your delicate figure and flowers,little saturated bits of color, all very enchanting,the songs do work hand in hand with your illustration

February 17, 2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

Interesting! I didn't think of the "Song" Dynasty:-). Shame on me:-). By the way, the art of the Song dynasty is fantastic. It's like the peak of art and literature in the Chinese history.

I love your moon and stars. They are a very good interpretation of the song!

February 18, 2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger isay said...

hey! i am so glad that you all liked what i did here. each of your illustrations and ideas have also made me sing and smile.... it has helped me think of hopeful things instead of lingering in my sadness.

have a nice weekend all of you!

February 18, 2006 3:50 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Wonderful Ill. and post girl! Have a good weekend.

February 18, 2006 7:15 AM  
Blogger Dummiest popcorn girl in the world said...

This is really cute and touching!! I like it so much! =)
Very nice and cool illo isay =)

February 18, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is truly beautiful. you can almost hear her singing.
you created a lovely atmosphere.

February 18, 2006 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful illustration and interesting story that goes with it, Isay. Such a serene atmosphere.

February 19, 2006 5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post...I agrre w'you about chinese people...I've been working for a while in Shangai, funny!

February 20, 2006 2:29 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

This is so sweet and enchanting! THanks for the full lyrics to the 'twinkle little star' song.

February 21, 2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Twisselman said...

Wow! Great post all around. Wonderful night sky and cool flowers floating down from the stars as the song floats back up. And how is it I had never seen the full version of 'Twinkle, twinkle...'?

February 23, 2006 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home