banner guys fish copy

Saturday, February 18, 2006

feelin' good


I submitted this to Penelope's The Best Advice I Ever Got project.

When I was in my early twenties, I was lucky enough to have an Italian spiritual advicer who have became my friend, my guidance counselor, my boss and even as a second father to me. It was a time in my life that questions regarding my sexuality was building up. I was really grateful having someone who can understand and listen to me. He even shared to me all that he knows and learned from a lot of people that he has helped. We have talked a lot about it and I was enlightened and my questions were answered, at the end he gave one advice that I will not forget. He said" Be passionate, but don't be promiscuous. It was an advice that did not bothered me but was always hanging out to help me figure out when I am about to decide on something. Surprisingly, I realized I followed his advice.

I am not sure if my illustration was clear enough to describe that advice but I was just following my hand and heart when I was making my illustration. How would you like to tell me if I was able to connect them with each other?

5 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

I love the way your illustration hints at the people and the energies too.

And it is good advice too.

February 19, 2006 2:25 AM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks caroline. i also like how it turned out that way.

February 19, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Justin Thyme said...

It's absolutely beautiful and moving, Isay! To me, it does not look like to people per se but instead perhaps two souls or two energies finding a deeper connection. Well done!!

February 20, 2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger isay said...

it can also be interpreted that way. i have thought about that, too! thnaks.

February 21, 2006 1:45 AM  
Blogger flossy-p said...

That is wonderful advice. I can imagine that would work quite well if you were ever trying to raise a child, through the tricky teenage years. I'll remember that one.

February 24, 2006 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home