banner guys fish copy

Monday, January 30, 2006

Glamour #4

I have been dreaming a lot lately and last night I had some nightmares again. In fact, I am afraid to go back sleep. Courage Isay! Anyway, I have thought about making this illustration earlier today but I had to do a lot of things that it’s only now; I was able to go back and finish it. The story behind this illustration is a memory when I was very little girl. These two old women are my grandmothers. I can still remember them because my father’s mother have lived a long time and my mother’s mom maybe died when I was between 5 and 7 years old. I remembered that everytime they will visit us at home that I have always looked at them so closely and for a long time. I was so much attracted with their clothes. My mom was just wearing a normal midi dress, but they were always wearing our national costume which was still a fashion for old people during that time. I don’t have pictures with me but we have kept pictures of them in our maternal home. I find them both so glamorous at least in their clothes, and beautiful (must be when they were younger without those wrinkles and flabby skin, although I must say they have aged gracefully)but very different from each other. Anyway, I have lots of older siblings and I don’t remember so muh about being close to them. But there’s one thing that I cannot forget and that was one evening when all the kids gathered in the sala and my mother’s mom read a book for us.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

I like this one Isay!! The texture also looks good :)

January 30, 2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Alison Ashwell said...

I really like how you painted the sleeves- it works really well

January 30, 2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

this is a sweet recolection,very pretty dresses-i'm sure in their way-they were quite glamorous-sweet picture and story

January 30, 2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

nice memory and illustration...hope you sleep well tonite!

January 30, 2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Another fine sketch. Now go get some sleep.
love

January 30, 2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Hopefully you are enjoying some restful shut-eye at this very moment.
Liked listening to your memories of your grandmothers, very glamorous they look too :-)

January 30, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger Catnapping said...

an excellent post, Isay. I love the story and this is such a great job on your grandmothers' faces and dresses.

January 31, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger StayAtHomeKat said...

spring on our minds! sweet dreams! sweet frocks!

February 02, 2006 3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home