banner guys fish copy

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Christmas Card from home

I just received the Christmas card my nieces have send to me. Inside this card that Eunice have made - are two long letters from her and Hannah, and a note from their little sister Cyrene. I liked the way she did the rainbow and even put for what it seems are eyes. Thanks a lot my dear nieces-I miss you all. 14344.

"The Rainbow Connection"
written by Kenny Ascher and Paul Williams
(This is the opening number of "The Muppet Movie"--I 've got this MIDI version of "The Rainbow Connection"...online

Why are there so many songs about rainbowsAnd what's on the other side?Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,And rainbows have nothing to hide.So we've been told and some choose to believe itI know they're wrong, wait and see.Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,The lovers, the dreamers and me.
Who said that every wish would be heard and answeredWhen wished on the morning star?Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it,And look what it's done so far.What's so amazing that keeps us stargazingAnd what do we think we might see?Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,The lovers, the dreamers, and me.
All of us under its spell,We know that it's probably magic...
... Have you been half asleep? And have you heard voices?I've heard them calling my name.... Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?The voice might be one and the sameI've heard it too many times to ignore itIt's something that I'm s'posed to be...Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,The lovers, the dreamers, and me.
Laa, da daa dee da daa daa,La laa la la laa dee daa doo...

5 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

This is a beautiful card! And thank-you so much for posting those lyrics. Oddly, bits and pieces of this song have been going through my head lately and I couldn't remember all of the words. Now I can! :0)

January 03, 2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Creative talent obviously runs in the family :). Maria has this film, I've heard the song many times, but never really listened to the lyrics, more complex than I would have thought.
Hope you are having a good day, x

January 03, 2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

What a great card to have got! Your neices are creative too!

January 03, 2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks-this song always makes me cry actually. by the way, you can sing it with the background tune by clicking the title of the Midi version.

Have a nice day!

January 03, 2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger flossy-p said...

Yes, that's a pretty heavy song for such a sweet little frog. I've never really noticed that before.

Wonderful card too, nothing is better than receiving handwritten mail in the post!

January 04, 2006 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home