banner guys fish copy

Thursday, December 15, 2005

16th of december

I have received another e-mail today from my friend in Riyadh. She told me that one of our filipina colleague had her last day of work today but, she doesn't know where's she's going to work next. She was the head of the human resources department. We are talking about these filipinas who have worked for a long time-seems like almost all their lives in Saudi Arabia. They were well trusted by Arabians and the British administrators, that is why. I felt a bit sad mainly because I know that my friend would also want to settle down with her family in another country. They all have saved for their future and it's only when to decide is the question. She and the one who left today have been together in Human Resources at the same time when we are all there. We are the pioneers of the new hospital. But then, little by little our colleagues did not renew their contracts and was offered a job in Europe and USA afterwards. I don't think I wanted to go back there. We had lots of fun and I learned a lot working with a lot of different doctors and nurses from Europe and USA but, it is not my lifestyle to be confined in the four walls of my flat. I was moving a lot in the Philippines-going here and there, seeing places and friends almost everyday and suddenly, I had to search for hobbies that I should be doing when I retire. It is safe to work in Saudi Arabia as long as you know their rules, their lifestyle, values and culture just like when you are also moving in any country around the world.

Anyway, I should be talking about Christmas by now and here I am, still feeling sad or whatever. Anyway, I promise that I will try my best to be in a holiday spirit starting tomorrow which is really the exact date where we begin to go to a Catholic dawn mass in the Philippines. It is very symbolic since the church is re-enacting the time when Mary and Joseph is finding a house in Bethlehem(they move from house to house)until the 25th-Christmas day where they will ended it in the church with them and baby Jesus in the altar complete with all the perphernalias and effects and the three kings, sheeps and shepherds. The mass is also extended for at least 2 hours and the church full of young and old people in their best clothes. There were also lots of vendors selling our favorite Christmas pastries, food, toys and different kind of things. It is a lovely and happy occasion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I know a lot of people, myself included, who are struggling to find the Christmas spirit this year. I believe it will come, we just have to wait.

I hope your sadness eases soon.

*hug*

December 15, 2005 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home