banner guys fish copy

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Memories of the Heart

I received a message today from my loveones back home. A very good friend of mine died some days ago. She died in Los Angeles but she was buried in the Philippines. I tried calling her on her birthday last November 8 but no one was answering. She has been living in Los Angeles for some years now for treatment of breast cancer. She had undergone Chemotherapy and her cancer was cured. She was able to worked and lived on her own afterwards. But, unfortunately it has weakened her heart and she died of heart failure as what my sister in law have told me. I don’t know what really happened because they have tried not to talk about it since she moved to L.A.

She was the favorite doctor of my grandfather. She had operated on his cataract and really took good care of him afterwards. I would go along with my grandfather and we became good friends since then. She was there during the first time my heart was broken. She helped me opened up my feelings and send away those migraines . She would fetched me and we went hopping from one restaurant to another and, sometimes we danced the night away and went from one ballroom party to another. She was such a nice and kind person. Unfortunately, she did not get married and took good care of her parents and siblings when they were sick. Her mother have become her constant companion and best friend. But, later on she adopted a beautiful baby and called her Donna. She loved her so much and made sure that she has already prepared her future. I am shedding my tears for her because I love her and I miss her so much. It could have been nicer when she was only some houses away when she was sick and we could have spent a lot of time together. But one thing I know, her family took good care of her and was there during the last years of her life. And for sure, she went away with the complete acceptance of God’s will.

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn Storm said...

So sad, Isay, I'm so sorry. Hugs!

November 26, 2005 8:56 AM  
Blogger isay said...

i can't stop crying but i am feeling better now. i made a card to send to her family back home. She died in LA but she was buried in the Philippines today. I am really sad.

thanks to both of you!

November 26, 2005 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home