banner guys fish copy

Friday, November 25, 2005

Small

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all those who have visited my blog and especially for those who even left comments for my last entry in IF which is free.

I have different kinds of ideas for this week's topic but the cold winter day is making me a little lazy to paint and I am having a hard time concentrating. I have this little porcelain small buddha which have been with me for 15 years. I wanted to take a picture of it but, my camera was teasing me and it all turn out orange like the background- with only a very little shadow of the buddha, so I thought it would be easier and it will not take so much time to draw if I used the distorted picture of it as a base for my drawing and here's how it turned out. And here is the actual picture. My canon EOS camera flash is out of order and for this picture I used the Fuji brand.

9 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

You did a good job on this Isay. The facial expression is right on. And it looks 'small' :)

November 25, 2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

:-) Very nice, looks so cute lol

November 25, 2005 11:46 AM  
Blogger Grangry said...

Isay, that's an interesting technique, and very successful!

November 25, 2005 12:52 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Your Buddha is adorable, Isay ! He's such a happy looking lil' chubby guy! I luv the ponytail you gave him !
:-D

November 25, 2005 1:19 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Teehee, he is very cute! You did a good job and love those cheeks :)

November 25, 2005 7:25 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I like the composition you choose here and he's a cutie!

November 26, 2005 2:36 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

As always you got it girl!

November 26, 2005 6:30 AM  
Blogger carla said...

I like what you did with your little buddha...the textured background looks very nice against the warm colors of his body.

November 26, 2005 7:14 PM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

This is such a strange image, I think, mostly because of the orange background (with disturbing black gap) and the off-centre figure of the little Buddha. As Buddhism is so much about self-awareness in the large world, I think the message carries it through, but it is an odd picture... I may have to look at it again after I think about it further...

November 28, 2005 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home