banner guys fish copy

Saturday, November 26, 2005

The bird of eternal repose

When my mother died I looked and talked to her a lot while she was lying in her coffin. When it was time to go home and rest from the wake(i think the wake was for 3 days),I was alone in our house and I lied down in bed and holding close to my heart was her picture. I said to her, if your soul is still around that it would make me glad to see you. I was not afraid to look at dead people because I have seen a lot of them stabbed to death or gasped for their last breath when I worked in the hospital before---much more when it was my mom. I did not stopped talking to her for days and weeks and months. I guess I have recovered from my feeling of sadness only after two years.

Today, when I learned that my friend Remy died, I cannot helped myself from crying and so, I have decided to start drawing. Many times I would paint when I am not feeling well and without any idea whatsoever what to draw and, from the time I have already used a lot of colors that my hands would lead me to whatever I have seen was forming and continue from there. Usually, as I continue painting that I also feel the outpouring of emotions and ideas. It helps me a lot actually because I will end up feeling better and, with the hope of ending my negative feelings. When my mother and father died, I would always look at the sky and I will see a bird - a beautiful bird that have made me smile all the time.....That somehow deep within me is a kind of hope that we end up in a paradise where the promises of eternal happiness is waiting. I will call this bird that I have painted the bird of eternal repose. It is similar to a dove only that she has some pastel colors in her wings and body. Powder blue and in silk is one of my favorite colors and a touch of red. Those colors represent peace and love. That for those who have lost their loveones-that I wish the bird of eternal repose will pass by and give them peace and love.

9 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

I am sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a parent, but I can't imagine also losing a friend. Your painting is so very beautiful...it flows like liquid...it makes me think that life on earth is only temporary. Your loved ones have gone to a better place:>

November 26, 2005 7:12 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Isay, its beautiful, truly lovely.
So sorry for your loss, sweetie, x

November 27, 2005 1:37 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

This is a very beautiful image Isay! I can see your tears being dissolved into the work. I also see a bird at such times :) I'm also sorry for your loss.

November 27, 2005 2:15 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I'm so very sorry to read about your friend, and also about the loss of your parents. This is a beautiful and moving tribute!

November 27, 2005 11:54 PM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

Isay, I'm sorry about your friend. This is a beautiful picture and captures interwoven joy and sadness - the stuff of life itself. In there are some of your recurring images as well - this is a lovely expression of your feelings at this time.

Take care, best wishes, Ian T.

November 28, 2005 10:01 PM  
Blogger Adamea said...

that precious painting
I like the expression

November 29, 2005 3:50 AM  
Blogger isay said...

Thank you everybody-i am at loss of words nowadays but rest assured i am coping well. I've got some other problems,too but life goes on....

Have a nice week all of you!

November 29, 2005 7:30 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Hi Isay, hope you are having a good week yourself. Take care, talk to you soon, x

November 30, 2005 8:30 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

So sad to hear about your friend, my condolences to you and his fam..

About the dove.. nice positive way of looking into it.. always find positive energy to overthrow the negative, my friend..

take care...

December 01, 2005 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home