banner guys fish copy

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Beautiful and wild

WILDFLOWER
She's faced the hardest times you could imagine And many times her eyes fought back the tears And when her youthful world was about to fall in Each time her slender shoulders bore the weight of all her fears And a sorrow no one hears still rings in midnight silence in her ears Let her cry, for she's a lady Let her dream, for she's a child Let the rain fall down upon her She's a free and gentle flower growing wild And if by chance I should hold her Let me hold her for the time But if allowed just one possession I would pick her from the garden to be mine. Be careful how you touch her for she'll awaken And sleep's the only freedom that she knows And when you walk into her eyes you won't believe The way she's always payingfor debts she never owes And a silent wind still blows that only she can hear and so she goes Let her cry, for she's a lady Let her dream, for she's a child Let the rain fall down upon her She's a free and gentle flower growing wild.....

by D. Richardson and D. Edwards

8 Comments:

Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Sad, but beautiful.
Isay, I've left you a message on my blog, a little presumptious, but honest. Sometimes 'strangers' are easier to talk to - that's what I do here in the blogsphere all the time :-). Sometimes though we have friends and family around us, we aren't able to really talk to them, at least that's how it works in my world. In short, just know, if you ever do need someone to talk to, I'm always here to listen. Hugs.

November 02, 2005 4:53 AM  
Blogger isay said...

ahhh autumn-you made cried! nah! i know that i can talk to you!.......

i hope my posts are not so sad-at least the drawings are still a-okay.

November 02, 2005 7:15 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Your drawings are wonderful. Wish I could draw. Tried to paint a picture the other day, I'm fine with copying and actually have done quite a few murals in nurseries etc, but actually drawing what I see in my mind, I cannot. I did another last night, helped along by another real painting just to get the general shapes and it turned out much better, but still not great :-), so I envy you your talent big time!

November 02, 2005 7:22 AM  
Blogger isay said...

thnak you autumn-when are you posting your drawings? i hope you will show it to us!

November 02, 2005 7:32 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Maybe I will - as one of my 'giggle' posts :-)

November 02, 2005 11:41 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Isay, look under the 'smile' post for that 'giggle'.

November 02, 2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

That was beautiful, as is your illustration. Thank-you for sharing them with us!

November 02, 2005 2:11 PM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

Powerful use of colour and symbolism - well done!

November 02, 2005 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home