banner guys fish copy

Thursday, September 15, 2005

To my friend


For your birthday tomorrow.
I just happen to like this poem you have given to me in 1982. I don't mean to be so sentimental or corny or even nice that is why I have kept it until now. It's just that I haven't forgotten all my true friends eventhough I haven't seen all of you for so many years. On this special day and always-I pray to God for good health and protection, happiness and more blessings for you and Katrina. Have fun my dear! Hugs and kisses!

Because you are my friend

I would do for you
All that I am capable of doing
I would cry with you
And rejoice with you
When you have achieved.

I would be there
When you want my company
And I would be gone
When you do not

But do not expect
Perfection from me
For the day shall come
When I let you down
And you will be hurt.

And when I let you down
It will not be because
I no longer love you,
It will only be because
I am human,
And that is one frailty
From which no one can escape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home