banner guys fish copy

Monday, September 05, 2005

Roots (#2)

I grew up with my two younger sisters being pampered by our mother and older siblings. They love to dress us up in the same clothes, accessories, shoes, bags - whatever a little girl likes. My father would make special shoes for us(we manufacture shoes before but it was for ladies). We have also been taught hawaiian dance that everytime there would be a birthday party that my mother or my eldest sister would agree that we dance in the program and complete with costumes.

The picture in hawaiian costume is eunice-I am not sure if it’s a tradition but my younger sister is passing to her children what we had experienced when we were younger…and to tell you frankly-I can feel how my my mother and eldest sister felt during that time. It was fun.

6 Comments:

Blogger roz said...

How sweet!

September 05, 2005 7:21 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This is a really heart-warming illustration, isay. Lovely!

September 06, 2005 12:15 AM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

A lovely composition - I like the colour arrangements and the way the two pictures complement each other. Thanks also for the accompanying photographs, which are really just sources for your work, as it stands so well on its own (I like the decision you made with moving the dog, and the geometric effect of the black shoes). My only reservation is the right arm of the girl dancer in blue, which is too short (due to the framing) - maybe the pictures don't need to be half and half and this one could have some more space to accommodate a longer right arm?...

September 07, 2005 10:15 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks emily, roz and aravis! your comments are very much appreciated.

Have a nice day all of you!

September 08, 2005 12:04 AM  
Blogger isay said...

i am really waiting for someone to comment about the right arm Ian -i am glad you dropped by because i know you would tell me. i wanted to make it look like it was a little bended but i realized later i was not able to. i am planning to redo the digital one but the sketch, i don't think i can still do it. i really appreciate your comments Ian.

September 08, 2005 12:05 AM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks Carla!

September 10, 2005 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home