banner guys fish copy

Monday, September 05, 2005

My left hand

I have been trying to do the exercises in Betty Edwards Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain(New Revised Edition). The book was referred to me by Chuck Rose(Struggling to Paint). You can find him in my inspiring links.
I am so happy that I can come back to my first love. I have been drawing ever since I was a little girl and when I graduated in High School, I thought I would take a degree in Fine Arts but I was allowed to be enrolled in a shorter course only and my father suggested that I took a business course instead. And so I did- but I have also worked part time as free lance artist without telling my father(please don't misunderstand but I don't regret following my father's wish) until, it totally vanished later on before graduation and when I started working full time. I have not touched any pencil, paper, brushes etc. since then and for so many years. I have bought tools that I have fancied like brushes, watercolors, acrylic, pastel colors but I just put everything in a box, thinking that oneday I will begin using it again. The time came when I got married and learned that my husband and his children are very good in drawing. I have encouraged myself and went back to the path I really wanted. When my husband learned about it that he gave me other materials and tools to use. I have started this blog last May because of IF and I never missed any friday since then and have been drawing almost everyday. I have already finished 3 different sketchbooks already and have tried different kind of mediums already. I am actually a little obsessed with digital painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home