banner guys fish copy

Friday, September 09, 2005

Depth (#1)

I'm having this strange feeling. I always start a drawing without knowing what to draw--began doodling.....then suddenly an idea will come out and my hand seems to know where to go*LOL* My illustration today means so much to me....I will write something about it later. For the meantime please let me know what you think about it.


It would be nice to hear some more comments and I would like to thank everyone who already did. I think it has all made us feel nice deep inside us. Here is the story that went with it. But first of all, I wanted you to know that I was thinking of my husband when I made this illustration. If you would try to look at it again, there was a long bridge and a boat sailing and below the boat in the sea is a reflection of a heart. And guess who would be the one sailing the boat-it is my husband. My husband’s line of work is all about sailing. He would even fly around the world just to sail a boat afterwards….I have gone with him in some occasion and he would take me with him especially, if I have not been in the place and his client will pay for my expenses. Very exciting actually but, I also feel very sad and worried everytime he travelled and sailed without me and many times, I would find myself thinking and praying for his safety. And everytime he goes away that I would tell him to remember that I love him and it is much deeper than the ocean. (pardon me fo my being so corny!) He would end up our goodbyes by telling me that he has already thought of coming home even if he is just going out of the door. The dove can actually represent myself or my wishes and prayers that God is taking care of him while he is away. I was also singing How deep is your love - by the Bee Gees while I was doing my illustration.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kymberlee said...

This is so lovely! Carrying love in its heart, it's ready to dive deeper. The ripples on the water are exquisite!

September 09, 2005 8:18 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I noticed the reflection of the heart in the water, but it can't be from the dove since the angle is wrong. That must mean the heart is actually higher up above the dove. So in other words, look up and find love!

Kewl !

September 09, 2005 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this illo, esp the reflection of the heart on the water. It definitely reaches the depth of the soul.

September 09, 2005 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully done and tenderly rendered, this image makes me think of NY before 9/11 and after.

September 09, 2005 5:02 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Piece from the depths of the soul :)

September 09, 2005 6:42 PM  
Blogger WCTs said...

Very pretty..love the reflection!

September 09, 2005 7:13 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This is beautiful. Fabulous job isay!

September 09, 2005 9:54 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Quite beautiful and poignant...fits perfectly to what I feel right now.

September 09, 2005 10:10 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

going for your hearts desire...even in a hostile environment! Love the post.

September 10, 2005 5:19 AM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Beautiful picture and story- I never understood those who say "absence makes the heart grow fonder"

September 11, 2005 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love both your entries, isay! and what a heart warming story about your love, made me a wee bit misty! you should definitely take up the drums...your hubby would have no problem finding his way home, just follow the sound:D
cheers,
kerry

September 12, 2005 5:27 PM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

Love as deep as the sea? Beautiful, simple and a lovely message.

September 13, 2005 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful

December 19, 2005 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home