banner guys fish copy

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mission-vision

I was inspired to make this illustration because of the e-mail that was send to me by my friend who attended a seminar in Cologne, Germany last week. I was smiling because he has written the subject as World Yoúth for Senior Citizens. (Well, the world youth day which was founded by the late Pope John Paul II is now being held in Germany until the 21st of August, and being attended by people mostly the youth from all over the world. The new pope of course, will grace the occasion.) My friend having this journey in his life working with the youth, the street children and adults ages 1 day to 59,the abled and disabled people, the prostituted women and children, the commercial sex workers and the victims of prostitution, trafficking etc., in our homeland, the Philippines.

My ever wonderful missionary friend Brother Paul, SVD have also shared his personal latest mission and vision.

1. "a world for all with no one being left out,"
2. The Jesus´ story of the Good Samaritan in St.
Luke,
3. The words of Mother Teresa "you cannot love
without giving but you can give without loving."

3 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

CNN recently aired a report about children being held in adult prisons with murderers and child-molesters in the Phillipines. Horrible conditions within and without the prisons were shown in sickening detail. Those poor children all had this dead look in their eyes, as if there were no point to living other than sniffing glue and dreaming while asleep (if sleep is possible...).

We never know how good our lives are until we see true misery. I felt as if the human race were nothing more than monsters and that aliens from outer space should come down and either smack us around, or wipe us out.
Things have to get better...right ?

August 17, 2005 9:45 PM  
Blogger isay said...

The good ones still outnumbers the bad ones steve, and as long as it is like that-things will always get better. It is really frustrating what is happening around the world but I believe that we always makes a difference even for a little bit in the nice things we do in our surroundings if not having the power to really do something about it….. As for me, it's my faith that makes me stronger everytime I fall and yes, thank God for my life and the blessings I am given inspite and despite of all the miseries around me. I try harder to help in anyway in sharing whatever I can.

I believe those children are being helped already although some of them might still be around somewhere. There is a huge list of issues that should be settled in our country and I can only hope for better things to come. But, no matter how things have become worst, I still love going home and would someday spent the rest of my life there. It is still a beautiful country afterall.

August 18, 2005 1:07 AM  
Blogger steve said...

:-)

August 19, 2005 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home