banner guys fish copy

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Wisdom

I have not been feeling well yesterday-I had stomach pain, a little weak for not being able to sleep last thursday and still having muscle pain because of the long walks I have been doing the last few days.
I have done this illustration in photoshop, my hands are shaky that I really cannot make the lines fine. I will finished this (with the original size) when I feel stronger already.


When Hannah(my niece) became active in Sunday school and in the youth activities later on, I have seen how she has been transformed to a prayerful and happy young girl. Every night, after brushing her long hair for maybe a hundred strokes, she would close her eyes for some minutes and after that, she would read a book called Daily Reading(If I remember right the title..) which contains daily experiences from people and how their faith have changed their lives accompanied with verses from the Bible. After reading she would close her eyes again and pray silently and when she’s finished, she would say goodnight and sleep with a smile on her face.

16 Comments:

Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

So cute! And I love the ghosting effect on her pillow

August 13, 2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks tony!

August 13, 2005 11:41 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Very sweet, isay. I'm impressed, especially considering you weren't feeling well. It's lovely. :0)

August 13, 2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks aravis! have a nice weekend and i'll see what you're up to a little while.

August 13, 2005 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Isay, and a lovely explanation of your painting.
Please feel better.

Ginger *:)*

August 13, 2005 1:58 PM  
Blogger Alison Ashwell said...

very cute - and nice idea

August 13, 2005 3:21 PM  
Blogger isay said...

sweet of you to drop by ginger and alison! have a nice weekend.

August 13, 2005 3:38 PM  
Blogger Rowantree said...

Soft and nice illo, I hope you feel better !!

August 13, 2005 7:08 PM  
Blogger carla said...

Isay -

I love the use of two illustrations to accompany your explanation. The face showing from under the blankets with her happy smile says it all. I really like the "halo" effect around her in the top picture and the blur on the edges of her blanket in the bottom one...it's all so soft and gentle. Very nice!

August 14, 2005 3:32 AM  
Blogger Dummiest popcorn girl in the world said...

Wow...ur illos r getting better and better, i like them a lot. AS always ur illo is cute and moving =)
http://larvayyo.blogspot.com

August 14, 2005 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sweet! sorry you're not feeling well, i hope you're going to be back up to snuff soon!
cheers,
kerry

August 14, 2005 9:24 PM  
Blogger roz said...

Cute idea!

August 15, 2005 6:37 AM  
Blogger steve said...

She looks so safe and comfy. I hope you feel better soon !
:-)

August 15, 2005 6:32 PM  
Blogger bee'nme said...

I love it Isay - really nicely done. There's no better way to a sweet sleep than that! I hope you're feeling better!

August 15, 2005 7:44 PM  
Blogger vfm4 said...

a sweet story with sweet illo's.. :)

August 17, 2005 8:28 AM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

This is a beautifully observed and drawn picture. It's a reminder that I should spend more time drawing my children while they're still young! Have you ever seen the work of Australian children's book illustrator Jan Ormerod? I think you'd like her!

August 18, 2005 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home