banner guys fish copy

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Hepzibah


I was reading Harry Potter, the Half Blood Prince and came across the name Hepzibah and I suddenly remembered a classmate of mine in school. I can’t let go of her memories that I decided to make a sketch of how I remembered her. Hepzibah is only 4 feet and 8 inches tall. She has long black hair complete with little bangs. She is not ugly but has a sweet face, but she never smiled and would always cover her face with handkerchief if being stared at. She wore big eyeglasses in which I don’t know if she has only worn to cover her eyes. She wore her uniform longer and a little bigger than her size-very different from all the other students. She was pale because she was afraid to walk under the sun and was always carrying a portfolio bag- in it was a folded black umbrella. She would walked on the side of the building far away from other students Her one arm on the back and the other holding her bag either in front or in her back. I don’t think she had friends in school. She is very intelligent though, and has remained in the top three until we graduated. I just don’t know how she passed her extra curricular activities like sports etc. She must be a loner because she was always quiet in class but always raised her hands and knows every question the teacher has. She has never joined any conversation with other students. She has never been in the cafeteria and had always brought her lunch to eat under a tree or any corner where she can be alone. She always had a book to read especially when she knew someone was attempting to go near her. . …I also learned she never goes out of their house. I tried talking to her but she always went away. I am wondering what happened to her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

What an interesting girl. She sounds so lonely, but of her own choosing. Now I'm wondering what happened to her as well.

August 06, 2005 9:43 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Sounds very sad. I wonder how she survived in school...

August 07, 2005 3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful illustration! Awww, sounds like she is just very very shy. I had friends like that in school. Sometimes all it takes is for one person to make friends with someone so shy and they start to really open up and get involved in school & friends from there on. She is probably just too shy to make the first move. Some of my best friends were like that. You'd never know it today tho! :-)

Pat
http://pat.typepad.com/just_pat

August 09, 2005 5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm... so what?

December 24, 2005 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home