banner guys fish copy

Friday, July 01, 2005

Sport


If there's one thing I hate about myself is when I write something in a hurry without reading it afterwards. It has always been my mistake.... I don't know why I am always in hurry to submit my entry but it just my nature to rush.... anyway....You have to go back to homelater if the foolish me have other ideas for this topic. I used pen and pencils and later on used the tools in photoshop in enhancing it.

Here is a story and I promise not to embarrass myself again by just typing words that I don’t read again and again before posting. One consolation for committing that mistake is having a husband whom I can talk it over and over until I get tired…....

Hannah Lois is my first niece. She is the oldest child of my youngest sister. I took part in taking care of her when she was little and I witnessed all the firsts that she did when she was growing up. I even cried harder than her parents when she was hospitalized for the first time. I would get angry everytime she is being shouted out or reprimanded by her own father. All my youngest sister’s children(four of them) calls me mommy but Hannah and Eunice were the ones closest to me- because we had a nice bonding during the first few of their informative years.I was still single then, and was still living in the Philippines during that time.

Hannah was always crying during her first few years in school until her mother decided to introduce sports in her activities. She was just an observer during the first two weeks until Hannah decided herself that she wanted to try Taekwando. I saw her ups downs in the sport she has chosen but, at a young age we saw her will and determination to succeed in whatever she wants to do and pursue.

Hannah is also a sweet, kind, intelligent and God fearing girl. She is sociable and would always sing us songs during birthdays and other celebrations. She has a faith that can move any mountain and a big heart that makes a lot of people happy. More than a year ago, when I had my vacation that I learned to like her more. There was a time that we travelled a long way to go to a government office and there, I got angry and had a fight with someone, and my anger did not end there but until when we are walking out to the door ‘til finding a place to sit or eat in the mall. All the time I was talking and complaining, that I realized my niece was just so cool in listening and during the long walk we had, she was just singing praises to the Lord all the time. I asked her if she was listening to me and she looked at me and said, "of course and I was just singing and thanking the Lord because you can talk your anger out….."Just like my other nieces and nephews and my siblings, my memories of them keeps coming back especially that we are so many oceans away from each other.

Posted by Picasa

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 01, 2005 10:29 AM  
Blogger isay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 01, 2005 11:11 AM  
Blogger isay said...

to anonymous! thanks for that! it was not really what you think it is. i was in a hurry because i had to work with my husband in the harbor...actually, i have thought about it while i was working and i had to tell my husband about it and hurried back home....

July 01, 2005 11:23 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Wow ! What happened to all the previous comments here ?
Never mind.
I rilly like the background you did for this illustration ! And the pose is very strong !
:-)

July 01, 2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger isay said...

steve! you would not want to know. I was shocked at myself and was really sorry...anyway, thanks a lot and you should know that you always make me smile esp. now that I need it.

July 01, 2005 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful illustration. She sounds like such a wonderful niece.

Pat
http://pat.tyepapd.com/just_pat

July 01, 2005 5:04 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey girl, Nice Ill. Strong in caracter! Have a good weekend!

July 01, 2005 6:42 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I think this is my favorite illustration so far. I love her fierce, focused and determined expression!

July 01, 2005 10:59 PM  
Blogger isay said...

Hello Pat, Joe and Aravis!

Thanks a lot and Have a truly wonderful weekend!

hugs

July 01, 2005 11:11 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

thanks for leaving a message in my fri/illu! yours is very original! and I love what you wrote!
hugs from Spain.

July 02, 2005 9:12 AM  
Blogger Dummiest popcorn girl in the world said...

woo *-* so cool!!! I like a lot the textures and the woman´s face.. very cool illo!!! congrats! =)

July 02, 2005 11:25 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Taekwando is a wonderful sport and Hannah is portrayed here as a symbol of strength :)

July 03, 2005 2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this illustration of Hannah - it's lovely...I like the technique...what's your media? Your story is great too - she sounds like a great girl and this picture suits her well. Nice job.

July 03, 2005 7:17 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

ooh.. hope that "deleted comment" didnt sound too bad as to ruin your mood and all..
anyway.. i like the background in this work too. visited your hardin blog and find it amusing to bump into another pinay with such artistry. i guess there are only 3 pinoys who regulary post entries for illo Friday. that is so far based on my cliks. anyway, knotty is the other, he's good too.

see yah next week 8)

July 03, 2005 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a sweet story and illo...your neice sounds like a little angel. love munchkins like that...can't help but constantly squish them, they're so warm and wise for their years...
cheers,
kerry

July 04, 2005 1:23 AM  
Blogger steve said...

What happened Isay ? You sound upset ! Did someone post something obnoxious ? You gotta watch out for Trolls out here, they'll sneak up and ruin your day, and your blog...
s.

July 11, 2005 2:04 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks kerry, she has probably smiling at your comments right now and would want to squish you also---she has grown so big now.

steve! i am jsut upset at myself. no one have been unkind to me.

July 12, 2005 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home