banner guys fish copy

Friday, July 15, 2005

Karma


I like making illustrations about my experiences in the past but, since I was working on this drawing that I'd thought I'll just make a story out of it based in this weeks's topic in IF. I hope you'll like it!

It is a story of two women who was so envious with two other women who owns lots of jewelry with unique designs and were made of different kinds of golds and stones from all over the world. Those two other women lives in the other flat in front of the building where they were living. The two other women loves going to party every night, and they can see from their window how happy they were to wear different kinds of gowns and jewelries night after night. The two women were so envious that they decided to take all the golds from them. One night, they climbed in the vines going up to the terrace of the bedroom of the two other women while they were out for the night. They did not waste any minute and were able to open the glass door right away. Surpisingly, they don't have to turn on the light because the jewelries were shining so brightly and were all in a big musical box. The music was playing(let us just say sally_gardens-one of my favorite songs) and actually, so enchanting that they found themselves enjoying it . When they started touching the musical box to put each of the jewelries in a bag that, suddenly the golden shining light became like a silk white thread light going around the two of them very fast - until it was gone and so were they....The next morning, the two other women were so happy upon entering their bedroom and was wondering why the terrace door was opened. While they were putting their jewelries on the box , they were surprised to find a new set of gold rings. They were also amazed of its unique design because there were two gold women on it. ....
 Posted by Picasa

17 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Oooooo ! That was a great ghost story, Isay ! Fun, scary, and a moral at the end. I luv that the party women never know where all their jewelry comes from!
Very Twillight Zone-ish feel to this. Maybe you could turn this into an illustrated childrens books.
:-)

July 15, 2005 1:34 PM  
Blogger isay said...

it was fun when the idea was running wild in my head while i was typing it...i'm glad you like it.

becoming an illustrator and at least be able to publish a children book is one of my latest dream but i don't know how to get into it....it seems they are all stucked up in my head and will explode anytime...he he he

July 15, 2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Grangry said...

Isay, I think this is your best illustration. I really like it. I like the story too.

July 15, 2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger isay said...

wow! thank you kay susan.

July 15, 2005 4:03 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

The illustration is a visual treat, while the story was a treasure for the imagination. I loved this, isay!

July 15, 2005 10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that you wrote a special story to go along with your beautiful illo...you'll make a great writer, hell, you already are! very creative
cheers,
kerry

July 15, 2005 11:26 PM  
Blogger isay said...

you make my heart so glad aravis!

kerry, you don't know how you have really made me happy!

you have all inspired and tickled my imagination and creativity that have been stagnant deep within me for so-sooo many years! all your comments makes them alive!

July 16, 2005 1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owa isay!! ur a cool writer!! ^^ I enjoy ur story and made me laugh xD Thank u for sharing it =) Ur illo is very nice too ^^

Bana
http://larvayyo.blogspot.com

July 16, 2005 4:59 PM  
Blogger isay said...

i am glad i made you laugh! i hope you are having a nice sunday!

July 17, 2005 4:11 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Wow ! what is ther not to like! Love it!

July 18, 2005 7:13 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thousand thanks joe!

July 19, 2005 1:44 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

i luv the texture on this one. great illo! and yes, great story.. a spooky vengance of fate. and applying that into mine, i guess i turned out to be another book left in the library of the one i most envy of.. having so many books (he is making cd shelves now) and i would probably be another cd too...
(well just something for him to read in case he pass by your blog too)

July 19, 2005 10:53 PM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

Karma in the sense of "Be careful what you wish for"? I love the flow of the picture, particularly the way the white runs through the top two pictures. I hope you don't mind my saying so, but there is an air of sort of mischievous sexuality about this whole picture, partly to do with the nature of the content. The colours are perfect. Possibly, the musical notes dominate a little too much, but then they're the catalyst of the magic...

July 20, 2005 11:37 PM  
Blogger isay said...

I am glad you like it atomicvelvet…..thank you!

IAN-It is originally a gold ring design I am creating. It is not yet finished and this is just one version(I like making lots of version…cannot satisfy myself). Gold jewelry as I see it-is a symbol of a person’s sexuality in a way and I am glad you can see something in my illustration.I don’t like the musical notes so much because my hands were shaking when I did it and I cannot make them into fine strokes…. thank you and have a nice day!

July 21, 2005 6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This painting is as musical as the box you told about in your story. The story gave me chills! Both are excellent!

July 21, 2005 1:39 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Wonderful story and like how your 'personal' is integrated.

July 21, 2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thousand thanks gingerp....,violetis....and anonymous.

have a nice day all of you!

July 21, 2005 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home