banner guys fish copy

Friday, July 22, 2005

Halley's comet

Sometime in my past, I have lived in the nunnery for more than a year. It was a very small community, and I have learned a lot during my stay there. It is a beautiful house with lots of plants around. There were two mango trees planted in the front and back yard of the house. The mango trees was extended until the middle of the house going to the backyard. We usually climbed in the tree to get the rest of the fruits. Sometimes, we would meet there to see the sunset or someone would bring the guitar and play sweet but not loud music so as not to disturb the neighbors. From there can we see all the houses around and what the other neighbors were doing in their garden, and so I thought, it could have been more nicer to be there during the night and waited for a shooting star. I think it was in 1981 that Halley’s comet appeared in the skies again. Actually, I can only remember that, I have waited and look at it until it was dawn standing in the window of our living room. In my illustration above, I have made it looked like, I had watched the Halley's comet in the roof where there was that mango tree and visualized that I was with my two younger sisters and two cats sitting in an old used rolled carpet. In real life, my mother and father’s old house have lots of guests cats during the night and they usually fight or flirt with each other in the roof during the middle of the night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

This was a lovely story and illlustration, isay. I can picture you up a tree against the starlit backdrop. :0)

July 24, 2005 12:28 PM  
Blogger isay said...

a thousand thanks to you!

July 25, 2005 3:10 PM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Great story & pic, I always said that if I take a vacation it would have to be in a monestary... or somewhere with canvas jackets that buckle up the back!

July 26, 2005 8:30 AM  
Blogger isay said...

i don't think you will be welcome over there but let me see...uhmmmmmmmmm maybe if you tell and show them about your webby comics ....yup that would be a great idea.

July 27, 2005 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home