banner guys fish copy

Friday, June 17, 2005

Black and White


I have done some illustrations last week and thought I would launch it at IF so I suggested a topic for this week but unlucky it was not chosen so better luck next time. Surprisingly, the topic for this week did not discouraged me to put down my pen and rest my fingers and hands from working(I have a carpal tunnel syndrome and I have this hand band while working on this, it was hard, though...) I just thought I would sketch the picture of my niece which I have not seen for a year and 17 days. I did some sketch (I had her picture to copy it from) and later enhanced it using Photoshop. I have a slight unfinished little thing in the picture, I don't know if you will notice it. I have also published some other sketches for this topic, so you can kindly go back to Home if you want to see it. After finishing my illustration,I remembered that it´s her birthday tomorrow. Maybe she has been thinking about me these days. If only it's only an hour drive to go and see her, but I would be crossing half around the world to get there.

I always stay with my youngest sister who have four children, everytime I go to Philippines. The two elder daughter of her calls me mommy and Luisa Eunice is the second one. She is such a sweet girl and she will be 12 years old tomorrow. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) She had send me a letter telling me that, eventhough she has grown taller and older that she still wanted to have a big Barbie Doll with a house and that, she knows I love her so much that I would remember giving it to her .... She and her older sister would always sleep beside me and even fight on who will be on my side since I am not comfortable being on the center(and since they have grown taller-even if we had put together two beds). So, what they did, they decided to do it alternately every night. She was also my companion everywhere I went- alternating with her sister of course. She has given me a lot of her drawings and sketches and one of this days, I 'll scan it and show it to everybody. She also makes me laugh a lot and would do so many errands for me. For all those memories and being such a wonderful and sweet young lady, I can only wish the best for her. I got to buy a telephone card now, so long my friends!
 Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Sounds like she has a wonderful life and a wonderful family. Tell her happy birthday from me. I hope you can visit her soon.
:-)

June 17, 2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This is a lovely drawing of her. It sounds as though you have a wonderful and loving family. I'm sorry you're so far apart just now, and I'm sure you miss them. I can tell, though, that you carry them with you in your heart always.

June 18, 2005 1:11 AM  
Blogger isay said...

hello steve and aravis! well, just like any normal family with all the ups and downs -most esp. that we are a big family....and since i am away from them that the good times and lots of memories keeps coming back. if you have been following my stories it is all about my experiences in life.

I really appreciate both your comments and here's wishing a fun weekend and steve-don't forget to treat us if you win the lotto-that is if you went out and bought them.

June 18, 2005 3:54 AM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks to your greetings steve!-from my niece.

June 19, 2005 10:13 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I'm afraid I'll get struck by lightning before winning the lottery, so I won't tempt fate...
:-D

June 19, 2005 5:51 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thank you steve and sheila!

June 21, 2005 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home