banner guys fish copy

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Each morning



Finally, I have made an illustration for this one. I have cut this poem, prayer(?)from "The Anglican Digest" a long time ago and it has been posted beside the mirror in the bathroom for years, and I would read it almost everyday before or after I have brushed my teeth.

I have other versions of the lady in the picture, first I made her sitting in the roof(where I always do when I want to watch the sunrise when I was younger. In the second version, she was sitting on top of a boat(sometimes when the morning sun would peep in the small windows of the boat and I would be awaken to see it...) and finally, this one I like so much thinking I can go nearer the sun if I have a magic carpet(would i be almost dead of sunburn by then, or the magic carpet will do the magic on me?)


EACH MORNING is a new beginning of our life.
Each day is a finished whole.
The present day marks the boundary
of our cares and concerns.
It is long enough to find God or to lose him,
to keep faith
or fall into disgrace.
God created day and night for us so we need not
wander without boundaries, but may be able
To see in every morning
the goal of the evening ahead.
Just as the ancient sun rises anew everyday,
so the eternal mercy of God is new every morning.
Every morning God gives us
the gift of comprehending anew
his faithfulness of old;
thus, in the midst of our life with God,
we may daily begin a new life with him.
The first moments of the new day are for
God's liberating grace,
God's sanctifying presence.
Before the heart
unlocks itself for the world,
God wants to open it for himself;
before the ear takes in
the countless voices of the day,
it should hear in the early hours
the voice of the
Creator and Redeemer.
God prepared the stillness
Of the first morning
for himself.
It should remain his.

-Dietrich Bonhoeffer
via The Sisters of St. Mary,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

 Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your entry that went along with this illustration. Love how you have been so inspired by this poem that you've created 3 differant versions. I haven't seen the others but I really think this one is great. Did you do this on the computer?

June 24, 2005 5:35 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks! it is a habit for me to make different versions of my illo but i only publish the one i like and the rest if it's only necessary. i had to sketch and scan the lady and the rest i did in the computer & i had to figure out which one should come out first in combining the two.... my hand did hurt afterwards....

June 25, 2005 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful

January 11, 2006 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home