banner guys fish copy

Friday, May 13, 2005

Nourishment


A big bowl of spaghetti! For my nieces and nephews a big bowl of spaghetti is enough nourishment for all of them. I can still remember how they've waited for me to finished cooking everytime I had the chance to cook for them. Sometimes when the meat ( my eldest sister have always provided the grinded beef) was late or my other sister have forgotten to bring it, that I had to think of another option for the sauce, that sometimes I used sardines(Ligo brand) and they would say it also tastes so good. Birthdays in our family was never complete without any spaghetti or noodles in the menu. We have also that saying or shall I say it is a symbol--that it makes the celebrant's life longer. Of all my best memories with my siblings and their children, it was when we get together and eat. Rice have always been the best nourishment for all of us, too - especially when there's no other food around. There was also a time that my eldest sister decided that we tried the first class rice but it turned out that we have spend more money because, we have consumed the whole sack of rice very easily and our expenses were doubled. In the Philippines, (it is where the Rice Institute and Research is located), we have different kinds of rice from the most expensive to the cheapest and from the most tastiest to the most healthiest (but not so tasty good) - that it has become inevitable.
I used a colored pencil for my illustration and enhanced it using Photoshop.

 Posted by Hello

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, didn't think of grocery shopping being so confusing, we're so lucky in the west. love your pic and story, so sweet!
cheers,
kerry

May 14, 2005 12:16 AM  
Blogger isay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 14, 2005 2:56 AM  
Blogger isay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 14, 2005 6:57 AM  
Blogger isay said...

kerry hello!
actually, i think i was the one who's confused...you are also lucky that rice have not been a part of your daily meal because it can add to your weight...the first class rice tastes and smells so good that it made me eat a lot more. thanks for your comment and have a nice day!

hi aeris,

yup! big dinners and all the stories and laughters-it's so much fun....have a nice weekend!

May 14, 2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I would fit well into your family: I could live forever eating spagetti!

May 15, 2005 5:33 PM  
Blogger isay said...

hi carolyn!

You are welcome and we can even exchange pasta recipes!

May 16, 2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger Brendan O'Brien said...

so very beautiful - both the picture and the story. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us too...it is excellent to hear where the images come from.

May 17, 2005 3:33 AM  
Blogger isay said...

thanks brendan! it has been a habit for me already to attach a picture as much as possible in every story that i tell.

May 17, 2005 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home