banner guys fish copy

Friday, May 27, 2005

Envy


I felt so happy and sad for eating ice cream yesterday. I was glad because it was a long time ago since I ate ice cream and, I was sad because I was eating alone without my husband. It has been so warm today and yesterday, and for someone like my husband who loves eating sweets and ice cream, it is cruel being forbidden to eat it. We found out early this year that he has diabetes.... It breaks my heart when I feel he has some cravings for it but we managed to laugh it off....Actually, he's been swimming and was very strict with his diet that he also lost weight and, made his doctor and dietician happy. Actually, I asked his permission upon making this illustration. His only comment is that, I made him look like his father(meaning older) and I thought I made his hair a little girlish. Anyway, I am still trying hard to replenish my skills in drawing  Posted by Hello

7 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Can I have some ice cream ?
I'm sorry to hear about your hubbies diabetes. Hopefully a cure is just around the corner !
Cheers.

May 27, 2005 6:01 PM  
Blogger isay said...

good day steve!
the ice cream is on the way unless it has already melted before you can taste it!

May 28, 2005 3:52 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

My brother was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes when he was 6. He's 18 now and doesn't follow his diet the way he should. I guarantee he would have eaten that ice cream! Kudos to your husband for having the strength and wisdom not to!

Great illustration. :0)

May 28, 2005 1:10 PM  
Blogger isay said...

hello aravisarwen! I hope your brother will soon follow his diet. Actually, the changes have become an advantage for me, too. We try our best to eat more healthier food since then.

Thanks for your comment and have a nice day!

May 28, 2005 2:40 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Mmmmmmmm. Butter Pecan ice cream with dark chocolate magic shell. Mmmmmmmm.

May 30, 2005 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ice cream is truly my weakness. kudos to your husband for being so strong. :)

erika
http://www.five3.com

May 31, 2005 5:37 AM  
Blogger isay said...

thank you erika!

May 31, 2005 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home