banner guys fish copy

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Illustration Friday: DARING



One of the daring thing that I'd started doing in my life some years ago is to beat my fear of the water. My fear began when I was thrown into a swimming pool when I was small. It was not really a good experience:) I hope I can tell the whole story one day...

This week topic for Illustration Friday(22nd April) is DARING. It was originally a picture of myself on top of the deck of the boat. I used the tools to cut and draw the lines and added some style and texture to the picture.
We sail every summer and I sometimes even help on board, but always with a life vest(which is a must). One time, the motor got stucked and it was high tide, and the waves makes the boat rocks...We were in the middle of the sea and no sight of another boat. We were like that for more than an hour. My husband tried his best and even called my stepfather(he owns the boat but cannot sail as much as he can now) and they talked over a mobile phone about what happened, while I was trying not to make my husband felt that I was afraid. I tried to be quiet and prayed silently the whole time. When the motor started again, we hugged and kissed and off we went...... Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I like this a lot! You catch the spirit of enjoying being on the boat and also catch the risk of being there.

May 02, 2005 11:29 PM  
Blogger isay said...

thank you and best regards!

May 03, 2005 3:18 AM  
Blogger isay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 05, 2005 8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Ill. and post. Have a good day!

Joe

May 08, 2005 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home